Here’s how you can write an awesome YouTube description that will help you get more views. WHY DO THIS? The YouTube description is one of the most underused tactics in growing a business YouTube channel.
Write awesome YouTube descriptions that will get your videos more views.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN, KNOW THIS:
- While it’s called a “description,” it can and should contain non-description info.
- Any links need to start with http:// or https:// to be clickable.
- Most people won’t see the description on mobile, but descriptions still help with video SEO.
- The first 3 lines of the description appear appear in search and above the “Show More” link.
- The description offers you ways to further engage your viewer on this and other videos, or on social media or your website.
- The description field can contain up to 5,000 characters.
- Don’t write a link in the first three lines, because if people click off too soon, the video will get low watch time and a low ranking.
- Write in the description what your video is about and why people should watch it.
- Include a link to your website. Consider using a tracking link to track conversion, but know that the click-through rate will not be high.
- If your goal from YouTube is to grow your social media presence, you can add links here.
- Your most important goal should be to get the viewer to watch another video – this will improve the ranking of the video on whose description you’re working on. So you can add links to other YouTube videos and playlists here.
- Add a link to subscribe to your YouTube channel. You can copy this format here, except replace the “heycom1” with your channel name:
This link will give viewers a direct link to subscribe to your channel.
Now your YouTube video description is set up for best results to drive more views and business.
Dane Golden is CEO of HEY.com, a video content marketing agency. His mission is to help brands get viewers to come back to their videos again and again through use of helpful how-to content, driving loyalty, conversion and ROI. Please connect with Dane on social media using the links below: