Taxes are an important part of functional society. Where software-as-a-service (SaaS) is taxable, we collect and remit consumption tax to governments at the local, state, and/or federal levels. If your billing address is in one of the following jurisdictions, you’ll see a line item on your invoice for sales tax or VAT. The tax rate and rules are determined by each jurisdiction and sometimes vary by whether you are using our products for business/commercial or personal purposes. As regulations change, we will update this list.
Jurisdictions we collect and remit taxes for
Within the US
We collect sales tax on all products from customers based in:
- Alaska (only certain jurisdictions charge sales tax)
- Chicago (Illinois)
- District of Columbia
- New Mexico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Each US state has their own sales tax exemption rules. If your organization is tax-exempt, please share your state-specific tax exemption documentation with us. Because not all US federal exemptions are recognized by each state, an IRS tax exemption letter is not enough.
Within the EU
We collect VAT on any direct-to-consumer sales to EU-based customers. Most of our applications are business products but HEY is a consumer product. If you are a HEY customer with a VAT identification number, let us know and we will apply a reverse charge for VAT to your invoice.
- United Kingdom
Updating your billing address
If you need to change your billing information because you don’t actually reside in a taxable jurisdiction, you can easily handle that within your accounts. You may need to re-enter your credit card information as part of the billing address update. Follow these links to see how to your update your credit card in:
We’re here to help
Please contact our Support team if you have trouble or if:
- you believe you’re being charged in error.
- your organization is tax exempt or has a VAT identification number. Alongside your tax exempt certification or VAT identification number, please include your account ID or domain when you email us. Your account information can typically be found in a URL when you are in the application:
- for HEY, just email us from your HEY account
- you have any additional questions.