WHY DO THIS?
View velocity is an important factor in the success of your YouTube videos, so in this video we take you in a red Ford Mustang convertible to show you how a fast car is a lot like “YouTube view velocity.”
- The faster you get (organic) views from the moment your video is published, the more YouTube will promote your video to new viewers.
- The term YouTube “View Velocity” was coined by Matt Gielen, who has studied it in depth.
- You want to do everything you can to get views as quickly as possible after you publish the video.
- You want to do this organically without paid media.
- Getting video views through paid media will very likely not help drive the views from the algorithm. It will probably actually have the opposite effect, particularly if you do pre-rolls on YouTube (Google Ads YouTube In-stream).
- Estimate your target viewer’s viewing habits, and know your own channel’s best times to publish.
- Launch or publish your video at the best time for your viewers to watch it.
- Launch on the best day of the week to publish for your audience.
- Time your email promotion to go out at the same time you publish the video.
- Time your social media, like Twitter, to point to your YouTube video at the same time you publish.
Now you’ve launched your video in a way to get it the most view velocity.
Dane Golden is CEO of HEY.com, a video content marketing agency. His mission is to help brands get viewers to come back to their videos again and again through use of helpful how-to content, driving loyalty, conversion and ROI. Please connect with Dane on social media using the links below: